Window Surrounds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@OSL282 wrote:

however I’m not sure there is anything out there that would look like the original Citroen paint effect

Thank God!!!

😆 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous

You would need to do all parts that have the scumbling effect using a rubber graining comb that is for achieving scumble wood graining effects. But I would think that a lot of practice is needed.

Anonymous

This is the film transfer process – it would probably be the most professional finish, even better than original is you can find the right effect.

https://youtu.be/3Y-qdsiwdX4

Anonymous

I have looked online and there are a few video tutorials and advice on materials.
            Something for the long winter evenings, I fancy.

Anonymous

OK was at a rally today and got talking to a club member who has imported a 1941 Buick and has just done his dashboard and window frames in woodgrain.

Dashboard

[attachment=1:3flj36wf]Dash.jpg[/attachment:3flj36wf]

Door Caps
              [attachment=0:3flj36wf]Door_Cap.jpg[/attachment:3flj36wf]

He said there was a company in the USA who had the original tooling to do it but because of import restrictions he couldn’t get the paints etc. mailed over so…….

He used 3M film and a heat gun and the finish is superb, even around the window frame curves.

The 3M film came from a Polish seller on eBay and only took a few days to arrive. (if you want a bigger image to look at send me an e mail address)

Anonymous

Brilliant! That looks the way to go, even the compound curves which would be a nightmare/impossible the ronseal way look good. Thank you!

Anonymous

1 last picture taken by another rally attendee:

[attachment=0:5gvoo0z5]Interior.jpg[/attachment:5gvoo0z5]

Anonymous

Best thing would be to do the dash as well so that all of the woodgrain and colour matches.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.