165×400 tyres

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sean Hellett
    Participant

I’m ashamed to say all my tyres are date coded before 2000 so I need to replace them all despite their lack of wear. Has anyone had experience of the Blockley tyres which seem to be somewhat cheaper than the Michelin’s?

Chris
      Participant

Hi Sean,

It seems we don’t have any such experience – in fact I’d never heard of Blockley. Having looked at their website their story and claims are compelling. Have you bought them? Would be good to hear your opinion if you have.

Chris

Alistair
        Participant

Blockley’s are widely used in the pre-war VSCC. I have some on my Riley 9 which has stood still since lockdown- a week after I fitted them???? As with all tyres, everyone has their opinion whether right or wrong! Would be interesting to see them on a Traction.
          Alistair

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Alistair.
          Chris
          Participant

I just replaced the rear tyres on my DS as they were dated 2006 and one was flat at the bottom. I couldn’t get the Retro asymmetric tyres so I decided to give Blockley a go. They arrived the next day, with tubes and rim tape and the fitter had no complaints. They’re only on the back but they drive fine.

I’m not sure they would look right on a Traction. But I’m sure they work well.

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.