Building Tractions in 1934.

Traction Owner’s Club Forums General discussions Building Tractions in 1934.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Larry Lewis
    Participant

This is well worth watching.

David Selfridge
      Participant

Hi Larry

Fantastic viewing really enjoyed seeing our beautiful cars being manufactured from raw materials.  Strong men & women working with very heavy, large, technical machinery, especially the crankshafts fabrications,  very interesting. Thank you very, very much for sharing this amazing film, I certainly have never witnessed the like before. I have saved this film to my Playlist.

Thanks Again, any more would be much appreciated.

Davy

Larry Lewis
        Participant

Thanks Davy- but what is really fascinating is that there doesn’t seem to be any Health and Safety stuff going on. No safety glasses, gloves are rarely worn. I doubt that the people in the plant have steel-toe shoes. People may complain about safety equipment and so forth but it’s good to go home from work with your body intact.

David Faulkner
          Participant

Larry when I was an apprentice back in the 60’s not much had changed (I have some scars to prove it) though we did wear steel toe capped boots 🙂

Peter Fereday
            Participant

Thanks for posting this Larry. Amazing film, a real piece of traction history. Just about everything produced in house with so many machines and people. Glad to see a full hour and a half for lunch though with all those bottles of wine……..some things never change

Larry Lewis
              Participant

When Andre said he wanted to be “The Ford of France” he wasn’t fooling. At Ford’s River Rouge plant in Dearborn, Michigan, rocks go into one end of the plant and cars come out the other end.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.