Citroën Traction Avant for beginners Models 7, 11 & 15 by Daniel Eberli

Traction Owner’s Club Forums General discussions Citroën Traction Avant for beginners Models 7, 11 & 15 by Daniel Eberli

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave Thornley
    Participant

Has anyone got, or seen , this book? I am wondering if it is worth buying or does it just repeat all the stuff I have

downloaded over the years.  And whilst I am here has anyone been on one of his courses?

I like the idea of a few days in Switzerland, pity about the Swiss but that is maybe just me.

Roger Grix
      Participant

Hi Dave,

I had a quick look in my usual second hand book places without success.

I did, however, discover that the Traction Club of Australia have a copy in their library, available on loan.

I know that this is not much help to you but thought that this is an interesting idea.

Roger_G

Dave Thornley
        Participant

They do seem to have a very comprehensive list of books in their library. Since your message I have contacted them to see if any of their members have

comments on the suitability of this book.

Regards

Dave

Dave Thornley
          Participant

Their librarian has since contacted me stating yes they do have the book in their library but as of yet as never been loaned out. He has pulled the book out

and says it does contain a lot of ring binder sheets and looks to be quite comprehensive, though admitting he is no mechanic.

So I think I will bite the bullet and get one.

Dave

Bernie
            Participant

Dave,

If you are going to buy a copy, once you have had a chance to use it, perhaps you will be kind enough to post a review from your perspective.

B…..

Dave Thornley
              Participant

I did buy a copy as was curious as to what was in it obviously. First thing I must say is that for what one gets it is not a cheap publication.

Basically is 90 odd A4 pages bound together, nice quality paper though.

I would assume that a good percentage of it has been covered in FP over the years. My usual remedy is with any article I think might be useful

from FP I just remove the article and the rest of FP goes in the bin, sacrilege I know.

The one thing about having the book is it is all in one place.

There are a few things in it that I said to myself well I never knew that so that’s a bonus.

As I am no expert on Tractions, unlike yourself, if you would like I could send it to you for an expert opinion.

Dave

Chris
                Participant

https://www.oldtimer-taxi.ch/RepbrochureE/RepbrochureE.php

The above link goes to Daniel’s website where you can order the book in German, Dutch, Swedish or English.

57 Euros plus 3.50 Euros for shipping.

I too would be interested to know what’s in it.

Chris

Dave Thornley
                  Participant

If you would like I can send it to you to have a look at.

Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.