Different slips out of gear

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Gearbox & drive shafts Different slips out of gear

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Bernie.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tim Walker
    Participant

My 53 11L doesn’t lock in gear until the clutch is completely in. I can’t remember what to do, (if I ever knew!)  Can someone help, and yes, I’ve all the books, but the clutch adjustment escapes me….

Tim Walker
      Participant

I meant, completely out…..d’oh!

Chris
        Participant

traction clutch interlock

Hi Tim

It sounds like you need to adjust the position of the bracket that is moved by the clutch release bearing and pulls on the interlock rod.

You need to set the gap “b” shown in the diagram. The words in the manual say this

“Depress clutch pedal to bring toggles JUST INTO CONTACTWITH THRUST RACE. Adjust gear lock withdrawal fork on bracket of thrust race in order to obtain a clearance ‘b’ *of 1 to 2 mm. between head of plunger and face of fork (see Drawing 6).”

But essentially you are making the clutch pull the interlock rod further than it does now.

Chris

Tony Buxton
          Participant

Crude but visual…

Good luck

Chris
            Participant

that’s a very helpful video

Thanks

Chris

Tony Buxton
              Participant

Perhaps the gear selector linkage rods need to be checked to see if the gears are filly engaged before the lock is activated.

Good luck,  T

Bernie
                Participant

If it has been jumping out of gear a lot, or for a long time, there could well be damage to the two selector rods in the gearbox lid.  The recesses designed to accept the détente mechanism become worn which can prevent positive location and lead to gears not being correctly selected.

B…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.