Differential question

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Gearbox & drive shafts Differential question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alain Sauvage
    Participant

Hi, thank you Bernie and others for their previous help, the clutch has been reassembled in the 56 11C, superficial inspection of the gear box, changed differential seals and all put back together. Today it was started up for the first time. Up on blocks I tried out the gears and clutch for the first time and noticed in reverse, 1st and 2nd the RHS wheel spun on drive but the LHS only a little, in 3rd gear both sides were revolving, is this normal or is there a gear box issue?

regards

Alain

Nigel Watling
      Participant

Hi Alain

From a mechanical point of view I would say all is OK and its just the differential finding the least path of resistance after fitting of new seals etc, possibility  of a brake binding slightly on one side will have the same effect.

Nigel

Alain Sauvage
        Participant

Thank you, started her up and took it out of the garage, gears and clutch functioning. Allowed me to examine the car in the daylight and now spotted a few more jobs to make it road safe, thanks, regards Alain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.