French addition to the family

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Latest News French addition to the family

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Good evening one and all,

Just a quick post to update everyone as to my search for my first traction.

Well following a tip from a former TOC member, Tripyrenees aka Ian Wright, an Eastjet round trip to Toulouse was booked.I landed in Toulouse, was pick up by Ian and driven to his house in the foothills of the Pyrenees where I meet his wonderful wife Julie who provided so well needed refreshments in the form of proper English Tea!,, later the same day we went to look at a 1954 11bl in dove grey, yes and there me agreeing with old Henry Ford as to the proper colour cars should be!,,anyhow a deal was struck and I became the owner of said grey traction.
      I was then treated to a lovely home cooked meal by Julie in their beautiful guess house/ cycling base and put up for the night in said establishment. After a good night sleep in the lovely smart and clean room breakfast was eaten under a darking mountain sky whilst the cycling guess debated how many hours they would ride up hill that day!,,,,, but not for us, Ian had plans to take in a local car show/ club meeting and auto jumble before dropping me back at the airport in a biblical rain storm. All this and he refused to take any money for petrol, food or accommodation no matter how hard I tried to get him to accept!,not only this but he collected, stored and liaised with and help load the car, a man who restores your faith in mankind and a sad lost to this forum and club regardless of the issues behind it.

The car is now safety back in my garage, cleared by HMRC and awaiting for the wheels at DVLA to turn and provide a registration. She’s now been check over by Mark Harding of Devon Traction and apart from a carb and petrol pump rebuild given a clean bill of health, so roll on those new number plates!,,,,,,,.

Here’s a few pictures of the old girl in French with Ian’s cars, talk about 50 shades of grey!

Anonymous

Well bought! Although it doesn’t look like it’s going to be the subject of a complete strip and rebuild thread. You were wise to use an expert like Ian Wright.
        Chris

Anonymous

I love the French scenery. So scenic!

Anonymous

Good evening all,

Quick up date, received the new reg Thursday of last weekend, the new reg is 280 UYS. Plates are ordered and awaiting the postman’s knock with baited breath!,,

Anonymous

“Baited?” You have fish worms on your tongue? :mrgreen:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Latest News’ is closed to new topics and replies.