From Across the Pond

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

[attachment=2:1jci5zg2]2015-12-19 13.43.55 Compressed.jpg[/attachment:1jci5zg2]My name is Peter.

Initially I joined the Traction Owners Club in search of parts for the restoration of by 1956 11B which I purchased in Syracuse New York in 2011. Now the restoration is finished and I’m still a member.

I had wanted a Traction Avant since first seeing one in a movie. As I learned about the history and technically advanced features my desire to own one only grew, so I started searching for one. The car I purchased was the ubiquitous black. At the time, I was unaware the car’s floor was rotted out and the engine tired. Now after two and a half years, the car is ivory and burgundy purple, a color copied from a 1937 Peugeot and also used by Bugatti in the 1930’s.

This year I’ll retire from my position at Furuno USA, Inc. and will spend the next year with my wife Constance sailing to Venice, then driving through Europe at a leisurely pace. After that, I’m planning on opening a business that will be part petrol station, part coffee shop and part automobile parts shop, finding parts for classic cars and fabricating parts when originals cannot be found. We’ll see how the economics work on the concept.

Attached are a few pictures of our Traction. Hope you enjoy them.

Peter

Anonymous

Very nice, and welcome to the forum.
        I like the retirement concept, although it sounds almost as much hard work as carrying on working!

Bryan

Anonymous

Nice car indeed!
          And indeed welcome.
          Is this the vehicle you will be driving through Europe at a leisurely pace? If so you might want to fit some wipers! Keep an eye on the calendar for Traction events.
          Actually the car in your “before” picture looks better than mine does now. Mine has the same sticker in the windscreen as yours – from the 1984 50th anniversary in Paris.
          Some interesting stuff in the background of your pictures.
          Thanks for sharing.
          Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.