Frustrating a comment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am at a bit of a loss!

In my view a forum is an informal chat on a web site, I do not see how this works if you have to wait days for someone to approve your post.
      You lose the thread, of course I understand this is all voluntary and unfortunately people who for reasons unknown to me do unhelpful/fictitious negative posts.

Anyway thats my rant off to grind bits of French rust await replies with interest.

Dave

Anonymous

Not sure where the ‘have to wait for days’ comes from as I check in everyday and am sure Mick does so things get approved on a daily basis as far as I am aware and have yet to see one deleted.

Had a look and it appears that your still in the initial ‘Newly Registered Members’ group which is why the posts need approval. Mick needs to move you over to ‘Registered Members’

Anonymous

I was going to say, mine go up within seconds.

But yes, this is frustrating on some other forums I am on, but normally a quick note to the admin will get you unblocked/upgraded and the such.

Anonymous

To be honest I am getting bored with this!

OBVIOUSLY not in the click, would PM the moderator but I am not allowed to.

All the members newer than me are Registered.

Anonymous

I thought Mick would have read the post and sorted it out by now, apparently not, so have sent a PM

Anonymous

Many Thanks

Anonymous

@David 1669 wrote:

To be honest I am getting bored with this!

OBVIOUSLY not in the click, would PM the moderator but I am not allowed to.

All the members newer than me are Registered.

David I am not sure what the problem is but I am a fairly new member and have never had a problem, I am certainly in no click as you put it. If anything I am a pain in the arse to many. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Anonymous

I’m sure it’s just an oversight David, as Mick has gone well out of his way to help me before and I’ve never met anyone here.

Anonymous

Hopefully all resolved now

Anonymous

Welcome to the click…..now start clicking away

sorry, just thought that was funny 🙂

Anonymous

No Worries!

Looks like a post got lost in the process, will re post later.

Anonymous

Looking forward to another member using the forum.

Anonymous

Backlog of Emails as I started a new 8 week contract at KC (Kingston Communications) on Monday and the learning curve I am on is steeper than an exponential curve.

The forum is set up so that the first 3 posts from any new member need to be approved, from then on it’s plain sailing.
                              For whatever reason the “subscribe to forums” appears to be a bit “wobbly” as I don’t appear to be receiving notifications of every post.

The Forum, in it’s wisdom, doesn’t always advise me of a post sitting awaiting moderation.

Well you are in now fully “up and running” so your challenge it to “trump” Ian’s (tripyranees) number of posts….

A “normal service” fro me has now resumed…..

Must go now more revision to do before I get the 07:30 from York to ‘ull tomorrer mernen.

“Err nerr, I’m nithered in me numpty kecks”

http://bit.ly/1np2U0y

Anonymous

I don’t get any e mails either Mick, not even to my ‘spam box’

Anonymous

Kingston Communications – used to work a lot with these guys down in Stevenage (satellite side of things)

It has been a while now I have left the real world…. enjoy 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.