Lancashire Traction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi everyone, I am new to both TOC and fairly new to Traction Ownership having acquired this Slough built Light 15 in the Spring.
      She’s a South African import, having come into the country around March this year, has had some restoration carried out back in South Africa, and looks generally very good, although registration with an age related plate was very long winded due to the absence of a date of manufacture on the registration documents!
      She is a 1953, with the usual Slough refinements, 12v electrics, etc. and a bench seat in the front, which seems unusual? There are a few minor blemishes on the paintwork , but the chrome is all excellent as is the interior, and I am contemplating contacting the Citroen Traction Register in South Africa to see if anyone recognises her.

She badly needs some flashing indicators since local drivers don’t seem to see semaphores, but all that is in hand and once that has been sorted out, together with a coat of underbody wax, I look forwards to using her on any salt free days that present themselves over the winter.

Anonymous

For 60 euro you can get a heritage certificate from Citroen Conservatoire that will contain the ‘Date of Commercialization’ basically the date it left the factory confirming what you need for the DVLA

You can also get festoon bulbs for the trafficators that ‘flash’ when the bulb lights up so no additional lights and wiring are required if you want to keep the car as standard as possible. Not as good as proper flashing indicators though but a potential compromise to consider

Anonymous

……………..

Anonymous

……….

Anonymous

Flashing trafficators! Just what I need! I’ve got those working as well as flashing lights but this is a great idea. Den thanks a lot for posting the info.

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the responses.
                I had spotted the flashing festoon bulbs and may well buy a set to use as a stop gap until I sort out some flashing indicators.

Anonymous

Larry

I got LED bulbs and flasher unit from Classic Dynamo and Regulator. Quick and very reasonable delivery to Canada and what an improvement. Recommended.

Peter

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

Dave, are you sure that the Citroen Conservatoire supply certificates for Slough built Tractions?

Hmm, good point Den. It will depend if they hold the records.

I’ve sent an e mail off asking the question….

Anonymous

OK got an answer from the Conservatoire which beggars belief

CITROËN UK destroyed the production books last December, we asked them to keep them with an official letter, they never gave us any answer. CITROËN Belgium did the same stupid action…

I’m sorry for norustplease as it makes it even harder now to provide the required evidence to the DVLA.

There is a TOC member with a spreadsheet of body numbers/build years, just can’t remember who atm, but would the DVLA accept that as evidence if it came from TOC Club Officials?

Anonymous

………………

Anonymous

Message to “norustplease” – (I do wish that, when devising this Forum we had made a rule that we use our real names) – if you do find the “Slough Body No” would you let me know it via a Private Message. I am putting together a database of these numbers.

Thanks
                          Den

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

(I do wish that, when devising this Forum we had made a rule that we use our real names)

Old habits die hard. Most public forums discourage the providing of any details ‘on line’ because of the various con artists that are around.
                            I suppose that, given that this is a private forum limited to club members, then that isn’t a problem

On the subject of the Traction, we did eventually prevail and get an age related plate, as the photo shows. I will dig out the chassis number and pass it on.

Thanks for all of your responses.

Bryan

Anonymous

Peter, on my Light 15, I have working trafficators and dual-filament bulbs in the front flashing indicators and added lights in the rear. I wired the car to have an electronic flasher for each sides lights (adjustable, too) and to the trafficators, the left or right feed coming out of the added fuse box. Simple, really but having flashing trafficators, that’s a great idea.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.