Much Travelled but Rarely Driven L15

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Introduce Yourself Much Travelled but Rarely Driven L15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi.
      My name is Roger Grix.
      I am a retired electrical engineer and am from the UK, but lived in S Africa from 1977 to 2001. In 1978 I bought a 1955 Light 15 (RHD Slough built). I started to try to restore it but work and life intervened and it remained largely stripped in the garage until we left SA in 2001.

In 2001 we moved to France and shipped the car with us. For the next 14 years it sat in a garage in Pamiers (near Foix, South of Toulouse).

In 2013 we bought a house in Dorset and now divide our time between France and the UK. Last year I decided that, if I want to drive the car before the grim reaper gets me, I had better get someone to restore it for me. I had the car transported to the UK and it was completely stripped and is now being re-assembled. Having seen the amount of work and traction knowledge required I think that was a good idea.

I hope that 2017 will be the year that I drive it for the second time and looking forward to meeting other members.

Then there is the 2CV and the AJS 500 single…

If I can manage to attach photos, I will add a couple to this post.

Anonymous

Welcome Roger,
        Excellent story – I’m sure we’re all looking forward to meeting you and your car – do you fancy driving it to the National Rally in the Trossachs – 23rd to 25th June? I’ll bet you’re looking forward to driving it – that’d give it a good shake down.
        If you need any advice or information don’t hesitate to ask.
        Chris

Anonymous

Hi Chris,
          Thanks for the welcome and the offer of advice. I will probably need a lot.

I am not sure, at this stage, exactly when my car will be on the road so am reluctant to make commitments for things like rallies but they will certainly be on the cards when I have certain end date.

I have a couple of matters requiring information so I will try the Forum to see how well it works. I expect that I will get pointed to all sorts of historical references as, in my experience, the same questions get asked every few years.
          Regards,
          Roger

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.