Myford Lathe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roger Grix
    Participant

A bit off topic but some time ago I bought an old Myford lathe on eBay.

I am trying to identify the model (no label anywhere) so that I can get some basic information. I am no turner but a machine to make up odd spacers, bushes etc. would be useful.

Do we have any members with the knowledge that I lack? (Well, to fill one of the many holes in my knowledge anyway).

IMG_20170330_101844443

Roger

Patrick Russell-Jones
      Participant

Hi Roger

Have you tried emailing this chap tony@lathes.co.uk who seems knowledgeable on the subject?

Patrick

Roger Grix
        Participant

Thanks Patrick.

I actually emailed him when I bought the lathe which was (where does the time go?) 3 years ago. I did not get a reply and the project went on the back burner for various reasons.

I emailed him again yesterday in case my original mail did not get through. I reduced the size of the photos in case my original mail was blocked for being too big.

I’ll see if I get a response this time.

Roger Grix
          Participant

I have heard back from Tony Griffiths and I now know that I am the proud owner of an ML4, probably built in the 1940’s.

This is a good step in the right direction and makes it a good workshop companion for a Traction.

Roger

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.