New Member Alan Beal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Everyone

Well I am sort of a new member for over a year,I was after a prewar traction to go with my wartime jeep to run as a Free French Wartime  car I went to Jersey to look at a 7C It was nice but more of a museum piece,then a 11BL  brown with black wings at an Essex action but it had been modernised too much and I did not like the colour. In February I purchased a 11BL from a film company in Windsor,It had been used in a film called The Collection .I have not watched the film yet.It was black and was in fairly original condition.It had been a bit neglected by them let out in the rain,broken headlight,and throttle linkage,after a slow start,I have tidied it up and it will be on the road for near year and in case you are wondering it turned out to be Bernie’s old car

Regards Alan

Surrey Area

Chris
      Participant

Hi Alan,

Welcome – I look forward to seeing you driving around.

Chris

Anonymous

Hi Chris

Thank You for the “Welcome”,after having the car for nearly a year and not driven it at all due to delays with the log book and then tidying  the car up after it’s film work I cannot wait to drive it,however I have to wait a little longer as my ankle is in plaster until the end of the month,so see you around soon

kind regards

Alan

Jim Close
          Participant

Hi Alan,

You may have seen Bob Street’s letter in the last FP noting a 3-day Traction maintenance course that is being run from 5th to 7th April in Switzerland (delivered in English) by Daniel Eberli (eberlid@swissonline.ch and http://www.oldtimer-taxi.ch).  To date I am the only one registered, but sadly it is not worth running the course with only one person.  I am polling around to see if anyone is interested in joining me.  I am about to take ownership of a 1951 15/6 Normale and plan to drive from Ashford to Benken (northern Switzerland) with an overnight stop in Reims or Epernay on the way out, and TBC on the return.  My car will be used on the course, so there will be some 6-cylinder work, and Daniel also has 4-cyinder cars too.  More details from Daniel as noted above or me at jimclose2011@gmail.com.

Hope you recover soon!

Regards,

Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.