"new" Member Bertel Bjørvik

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bertel Bjorvik
    Participant

Hi

I joined TOC at the NEC show November 2016. After looking for a Traction Avant for over a year I got a Light 15 1954 about a year ago. The car came to UK from New Zealand 2009. She was in storage for years till Mark at Devon Traction got her in good order, overhauled engine and gearbox and all major rust problem sorted. I bought through him. Runs well but she had a rubbish paint job done in NZ  and needs a respray (not desperate to do it yet). The interior is tired and also needs working on. Did about 2000 miles last year with some minor problems on the way. That’s the beauty with old cars!! She is nowLight 15 in a garage in North London waiting for better weather.

Anonymous

Hi Bertel

Welcome to the Forum,I have had my Traction about a year but not really used it yet,hope to see you around

Regards

Alan

David Selfridge
        Participant

Hi Bertel

Welcome to the TOC and the Forum, your Traction looks very nice sitting by the beach with the sea waves rolling over a sandy beach and a cloudy sky overhead.

Having restored a few Tractions in the recent past, my advice regarding the repaint and restoration of the interior is to take time and use the forum for advice on who does your work, as most members know the good tradesmen, and the ones to avoid. I consulted the forum and received very good advice on suppliers and tradesmen from members that were more than willing to share their honest experiences, good & bad.

Good Luck

Davy

Bertel Bjorvik
          Participant

Thanks for your advice Davy. I’ll consult the forum as I’m new to the the TA and need good guidance.

Cheers Bertel

Chris
            Participant

Welcome Bertel,

Better weather is now officially here as the rain is washing the salt away. I hope you enjoy driving the car – you won’t see much of the paintwork if you are inside it! Just remember not to wash it.

Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.