New Member Richard Larter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Richard Larter
    Participant

I have just joined the TOC.  I do not have a Traction, but I am actively looking for one preferably a Light 15 although there are not many around here on the west coast of Scotland. Ideally a running car, not in pristine condition which can be regularly used and maintained and act as greyhound transport. I have some experience with Tractions having helped Robbie Coltrane replace the drive shafts and fit a replacement gearbox on his 11 Legere. Heavily involved with a full restoration of a  Swallow Doretti so I do not want to take on too much with a Citroen.

In Essex over Christmas so may try and get over to Classic Restorations and see what they have in stock then eagerly await the next edition of Floating Power.

Cheers Richard

Alistair
      Participant

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the TOC.

I have a 1953 Light 15 that I am considering selling. I originally bought it from John Gillard (Classic Restorations) so he knows the car. (YSV 32)

It has an ID19P block with Light 15 head and a  Roger Williams high ratio, rebuilt gearbox.

Door bottoms and sills, re-sprayed in black some years ago by John.

Recently done interior/headlining.

I have not advertised it yet but mentioned to John I was thinking of selling.

I can send more information if you are interested.

I am in Cardiff.

Best regards,

Alistair Pattillo

Light 15  1953, Light 12 1939, for restoration, Riley 9 Special nearing the end of a rebuild.

Richard Larter
        Participant

Hi Alistair

Thank you for such a fast response. It sounds like what I am looking for especially the high ratio diff. It would be great if you could send more details and an idea of price to  <richard-larter@sky.com>

Cheers Richard

Editor FP
          Participant

Hi Richard

Not many cars listed for sale in the next Floating Power, I am afraid. After a bumper series of classifieds pages, things have somewhat nosedived, possibly due to the time of year. Have you contacted Andy Burnett to see if he knows or has anything for sale? He is on 01339 886290, is in Aberdeenshire and is currently winding up his classic Citroen repair business.

Best wishes

Bryan

Richard Morris
            Participant

Welcome.

Im a new member too without a car. But, I’m not competing! I want a normale 🙂

Richard Larter
              Participant

Evening All

An update. I am now the proud owner of a 1949 Light 15 from the north east of Scotland. Amazingly  I am only the 5th owner, the first owner in Downham Market kept the car until 2002, 53 years! and used it for weddings. Not sure how original it is but it does have French wheels, door handles and bumpers, but I hope to go to the National Rally where I can see similar models and check the details. First I need a tow bar to pull a small caravan, a 1953 Berkeley Caravette so any help to locate one would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers Richard

Peter Fereday
                Participant

Hi Richard

Welcome to the joys of traction ownership. The forum seems very quiet at the moment, so let me be the first to hope you enjoy your time with the car. As you bought it from the north east of Scotland it must be well known to Andy Burnett (tel no in the thread above) who can probably advise you on it’s originality. I know that some early post war Slough cars did use French components like door handles from time to time just to keep production going. Yours seems a bit late for that but you never know.

I am just about the nearest member to you – I live in Lochwinnoch. When the weather improves a bit why not come over here in your  in your car? I keep the Scottish Section toolkit so you can see if there is anything you might need to borrow. There is also the open invitation to join Drive it Day on April 22nd – we are going from Stirling to New Lanark – details in next FP. Failing that, hope to see you at the National Rally in June.

Good Luck

Peter Fereday

David Selfridge
                  Participant

Hi Richard & Peter

Richard a warm welcome to the TOC Forum, you’ll find this a friendly and knowledgeable place to solve all the small and complicated problems that may arise with your Traction in the future.

I am from Northern Ireland but spent much of August every year visiting friends and some lovely Scottish people that I have come to know over the past number of  years. My wife and I usually stay at Falkirk which is central to where we visit, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, Edinburgh, Perth, Sterling and of course a step back 100 years to  New Larnark, I wish I was available on the 22 April to join your good company on such a beautiful run to a lovely destination. Keep me and the forum informed on your exciting day out, (maybe a few Pics to view)

Davy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.