New member sans Light 15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Folks,
      My name is Norman Anderson, and I too live in Cambridge.

Sold a Slough Light 15 (reg. LOT119) two years ago and have regretted it ever since, hence my return to the fold.

I have a beer pocket with champagne taste, as it were. Drove up to Hull last week to view the Light 15 owned by Keith Boyes. It was nice to see one of these beautiful machines once again.

Will keep my eye on the TOC classifieds, eBay, Gumtree, Carandclassic etc.

Fingers crossed a deal can be done before too long.

Best wishes,

Norman

Anonymous

Welcome to the Club and to the Forum Norman!

You might like to add a search here http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/ as there are a couple of Tractions being advertised at the moment.

Anonymous

Aha – I have a local rival! 😉

Welcome and good luck with your search. At least you have a head start, knowing exactly what you’re looking at.

Anonymous

And you are both very well placed at mid-point to make the most of both the Mid-Shires and Eastern sections!
            Welcome
            J
            (I’m Black cat roundabout on A1 twixt Bedford and Cambridge)

Anonymous

Now new member avec Light 15.
              Managed to do a deal with Keith for 802 XUD. Pics are attached.
              There is some work to be done. Any advice would therefore be greatly appreciated: the speedo is a recent fitment, therefore modern and incorrect. The wooden panel below the windscreen has been lost (sorry, don’t know the name), can I get a pattern from anywhere? Don’t think the wheels should be ‘pilote’? Interior, headline, doors, leather seats all need work done.
              Look forward to a string of responses!
              With thanks in advance, Norman
              [attachment=5:2m8stp8y]802XUD_Lo_Res01.jpg[/attachment:2m8stp8y]
              [attachment=4:2m8stp8y]802XUD_Lo_Res03.jpg[/attachment:2m8stp8y]
              [attachment=3:2m8stp8y]802XUD_Lo_Res02.jpg[/attachment:2m8stp8y]
              [attachment=2:2m8stp8y]802XUD_Lo_Res04.jpg[/attachment:2m8stp8y]
              [attachment=1:2m8stp8y]802XUD_Lo_Res05.jpg[/attachment:2m8stp8y]
              [attachment=0:2m8stp8y]802XUD_Lo_Res06.jpg[/attachment:2m8stp8y]

Anonymous

Slough wheels are extremely hard to find. You may have to persevere and buy part sets. If and when you have found your complete set of Slough Wheels including hubcaps and wheelnuts and you wish to sell your pilotes please contact me.

Den

Anonymous

……………..

Anonymous

I looked at that car twice 3 years ago before buying mine and walked away because of the crazed paintwork and interior issues.

From the images the paintwork seems to have had some attention since?

The interior ‘light’ at the time was an ‘AA’ badge 🙂

From memory. the exhaust was made by a local exhaust centre and was ‘cobbled’ together from various stock. It didn’t have ‘Pilote’ wheels on back then so maybe Keith still has the originals in his garage.

A custom stainless system for my car only cost me £280 from my local ‘Longlife’ centre……

Anonymous

…………….

Anonymous

Congratulations on your purchase. Sure there are a few things not quite original, but generally looks pretty good. Seats can always be recovered, exhausts are available etc. I am sure John Gillard will have a few pieces of wood trim knocking about. As for the Pilotes, they would look good on my 1939 Light 12 too.(hint!)
                        I may even have some wood somewhere…at least the dash but I seem to remember it is from a “square” instrument car….

Enjoy driving it!

PS good to see a full set of Slough over-riders – I have four very poor condition ones that have not made it on the car …yet!

Anonymous

Blimey Norman, you don’t hang about! 🙂 Congrats on your find and good luck with the tweaking.

Anonymous

Nice car! Gillard also has dual-filament sockets for the Lucas running lights in front so they can be used as turn signals also. You can then scrap whatever is being used as a substitute which I assume are the little round ones. I wired my Light 15 to have working trafficators and used electronic flashers (one for each side) for the turn signals and it worked well. Me, I’d keep the Pilotes but I would junk the rectangular driving lights. But, still, congratulations!

Anonymous

Thanks folks for your responses and advice. Greatly appreciate it.

The car ended up with two standard looking rims, though no hubcaps. So at least that’s a start.

Good to know that some issues such as lights and exhaust can be solved fairly easily.

Will probably drive it for a couple of weekes before I rip out the interior which is a sad way. Speaking of which, anyone had any good experiences with a leather upholsterer?

John Gillard is unsurprisingly a busy man. Phone goes to voice. I will persevere!

Thanks again, Norman

Anonymous

@OSL282 wrote:

I looked at that car twice 3 years ago before buying mine and walked away because of the crazed paintwork and interior issues.

From the images the paintwork seems to have had some attention since?

The interior ‘light’ at the time was an ‘AA’ badge 🙂

From memory. the exhaust was made by a local exhaust centre and was ‘cobbled’ together from various stock. It didn’t have ‘Pilote’ wheels on back then so maybe Keith still has the originals in his garage.

Paintwork is badly crazed in several places. The pics flatter the car. Yes, exhaust will go ASAP. Sadly only two ‘original’ looking wheels came with the car.

Anonymous

The conversion for the Lucas 1130 sidelights that Larry suggests are as follows:
                                  http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/1139
                                  http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/1130-conversion-kit/
                                  These should fit in your current lights mounted on the top of the wings. However, what to do with the lower indicator lights and the holes left behind?
                                  I think Mick mentioned an upholsterer in an earlier post. I have used one near Chippenham in Wiltshire for headlining. (http://www.swautotrimming.co.uk/) My seats were done by a guy who advertised on ebay. He matched the originals very well at a good price. I had no problem with him…others suggested they did.

By the way, I like the rear seat arm-rest. Not seen that before in the rear, only on the front bench seat. 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.