New member sans Light 15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

What is the item on the right side of the dashboard?

Anonymous

@NormanAnderson wrote:

Thanks folks for your responses and advice. Greatly appreciate it.

Will probably drive it for a couple of weekes before I rip out the interior which is a sad way. Speaking of which, anyone had any good experiences with a leather upholsterer?

Where abouts in the country are you Norman and are you prepared to take the interior some distance to get a great job at a very good price?

Anonymous

Leather Upholsterer

Steve Wright had the front seats of his 15/6 H recovered in leather for a very reasonable price at Peter Lenton’s in Manchester http://peterlentoncartrim.co.uk/index.html

They have just completed the replacement of the hood on my Roadster.

The work and materials are quality, the only problem is that they are so busy.
          Their email doesn’t work and dates slip on when they can start a job.

Saying that, i’m really impressed with the work they did for me and I know that Steve was with his…

Tel: 01614 852 464 an ask for Peter.

Anonymous

@traction39 wrote:

My seats were done by a guy who advertised on ebay. He matched the originals very well at a good price. I had no problem with him…others suggested they did.

By the way, I like the rear seat arm-rest. Not seen that before in the rear, only on the front bench seat. 😎

Thanks Alistair, do you perhaps have his contact details?
            Yes, I like the arm-rest. That will stay!

Anonymous

@OSL282 wrote:

Where abouts in the country are you Norman and are you prepared to take the interior some distance to get a great job at a very good price?

Hi Dave, I’m in Cambridge. So it would have to be reasonably local. Failing that, I could have a go at the interior myself, but I’d send the seats away to have those done.

Anonymous

@L.Lewis wrote:

What is the item on the right side of the dashboard?

Just the ignition switch and oil light. Haven’t taken it out yet to see how big the hole is behind it!

The instrument panel has wound up with three holes: one for the speedo which doesn’t work and is from a later model car.
                [attachment=1:oshv74ba]802XUD_Lo_Res09.jpg[/attachment:oshv74ba]
                One for a combined ammeter, fuel guage and clock (looks original and the former two work).
                And one for a temp guage which doesn’t work…
                [attachment=0:oshv74ba]802XUD_Lo_Res10.jpg[/attachment:oshv74ba]

Anonymous

Norman Keith told me when I looked at the car that he had the original speedo but it didn’t work.

If you can get it, I’m sure John at JDO Instruments could rebuild it http://www.jdo1.com/speedos.html

He did mine for a Morris Minor and it worked perfectly

Anonymous

@OSL282 wrote:

Norman Keith told me when I looked at the car that he had the original speedo but it didn’t work.

Hi Dave, just spoken to Keith. Sadly, it’s gone. What a great shame.
                    Love the pics of OSL 282 by the way!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.