Number Plates

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Roger Grix
    Participant

I am waiting in hope for a satisfactory response from the DVLA with a nice age related number.  I then have to get my plates.

There are loads of people on the net offering plates at prices that vary by, at least, a factor of 2.  I also suspect that price is not necessarily an indication of quality.

Are there any recommendations from club members who have purchased pressed aluminium plates recently?

Thanks

Patrick Russell-Jones
      Participant

Hi Roger

I used this lot http://www.chestnut-registrations.co.uk/ a couple of years ago. At the time they seemed to be sensibly priced and offering what I wanted.

Patrick

Roger Grix
        Participant

Thanks Patrick,

I’ll check them out.

Roger

David Selfridge
          Participant

Hi Roger

If you’re not sorted with Number Plates yet I have just found a company though EBay shop@ej-parts.co.uk they do a lovely pressed Aluminium Black with brushed silver for £16-95 postage free, they certainly look the part.

Regards

Davy

David Selfridge
            Participant

Hi Roger

Pics of Number Plates price for Front &Back.  2 for £16-95

Roger Grix
              Participant

Hi Davy,

Thanks a lot. Still waiting for DVLA to give me a number.  I hope to hear in the next few days so your information is well timed.

They do look good and a good price.

Roger

David Selfridge
                Participant

Roger

Ordered last night around 8.00pm and the company confirms they are on the way at 12.48pm today. When they arrive (Saturday or Monday) I’ll post on the overall quality. They sure are a fantastic price including the free postage, they also guarantee the spacing & size are all approved by the DVLA

Davy

David Selfridge
                  Participant

Hi Roger

The Number Plates arrived this morning, (order Thursday evening received Saturday morning) well pleased with the quality, delivery service and the price. Would recommend this Company.

Davy

Roger Grix
                    Participant

Thanks for that Davy,

I’ll give them a go – when the DVLA finally give me a number.  After the initial rejection, I supplied the info they wanted and re-submitted my application.  Today the postman delivered a thin envelope from the DVLA so I thought, “They have not sent back the papers so it must be my V5C”.

No such luck – I have been nominated for the special 10% club.  Apparently 10% of import applications get referred to a crowd called SGS to have their cars inspected before they will issue a registration. Lucky me.

So I start again on Monday trying to arrange the inspection before going back to DVLA.

Roger

Rod Robbins
                      Participant

Hi Roger,

Congratulations on becoming one of the chosen few! Can I ask, when filling in the V55/5 first form, where does one find all the technical info they ask for, if I don’t have a Certificate of Conformity? I have just received my application for first tax and registration,and it is a bit worrying. I can’t even work out what Duty to pay. I have to admit to a small element of panic setting in. Any hints and tips from anyone would be most welcome. I’m grey enough as it is.

Roger Grix
                        Participant

Davy,

Stop worrying and don’t get any more grey hairs – it is not really that bad.

I think that,when I have completed jumping through all the hoops, I will write an article for Floating Power detailing my travails.

The main car details I got from Citroen books and road test reports.

If you email me at the address below, I will email you copies of the V55/5 and V627/1 as I filled them in, as well as the covering letter and the V55/5 form as I received it back after the rejection,with the DVLA scribblings and alterations.

If you have any questions after that, I will be happy to help where I can.  I am not sure how much of the info they really need as I realised that \I had made a mistake on the width so I phoned them and was told, “Don’t worry.  We are really only interested in that for commercial vehicles”.

We used to be able to send private messages via the forum without them being posted on the site but, since the improvements, I can’t see how to do that.

Roger

roger@rjgeng.com

Bernie
                          Participant

I back Roger’s comments.

I imported my 15/6 just over a year ago with no problems – obviously one of the inlucky 90%.   I gleaned many of the required figures for weights etc from the drivers handbook and old road test reports and, lik<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>e Roger, I kept copies of the documentation.</span>

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Unfortunately much of my information will not be the same for a 4-cyl but if you would still like copies let me know.  I do have copies of relevant road tests so let me know if you are stuck for particular detail and I shall seeif I can find it.</span>

B……

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.