NZ Newbie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Roxburgh
    Participant

Hi, Just saying hello from NZ and thanks for having me in the club. I’ve a Light 12 probably a ’36-37 we think (it has no chassis number and apparently no one can tell any info from the body no.). It’s fairly rough, but has been running well for two years or so since i found it in a barn as a partial and poor restoration project. It’s pretty rust free being a Canterbury car (it doesn’t rain much round here). Recently the big ends gave out on the “reconditioned” engine. Judging by the mixture of bolts inside and outside the engine i’m not sure how professional this was! While i have the engine out i decided to swap the fibreglass around the battery box for steel, assuming at some time various leaks had caused rust. It turns out a sledge hammer had been used to widen the box instead of buying a correct sized battery!! The professionals at work again.

Looking forward to getting it going again and being back on the road. As we know, they are great to drive although we lack the corners of English roads around here to fully enjoy it. Picking off a BMW or two at roundabouts is fun though!

wheels and no plate20190524_153450Cones1a

Dave Thornley
      Participant

I never knew a Traction was good for drag racing. With a bit of TLC she will be fine. Sounds like a few bodges have gone on in the past but anything can be rectified.

Andrew Roxburgh
        Participant

We have the Pomeroy event each year for vintage and classic cars meeting particular criteria. They are a series of skilled tests to find the ‘Ideal touring car’, so include the ability to carry two suitcases (not on the back seat!), negotiate corners (cones), brake well and are reliable. A DS normally wins…so at least i had the right make if not model!

Chris
          Participant

Looks great! Good luck Andrew.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.