Oil Bath Air Filter Revisited

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Help Wanted Oil Bath Air Filter Revisited

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Roger Grix
    Participant

I tried the forum a while back without success.  Not a single reply. I have now managed to obtain the two rubber mouldings for the carb and the filter ends but need the bellows to go in between. 7omm ID on both ends with a free length of about 90mm. I have found something I think would be suitable in Germany for a cost of 22,30 € (plus tax and shipping).  Unfortunately they have a minimum order value of 50 € plus shipping to UK (up to 5kg) of 18,20 € (plus tax) making a total in the order of 85 € which is starting to get a bit pricey.  There are plenty of bellows for sale as car spares but no dimensions given.

So:  Does anybody know where to buy a suitable replacement?

or:  Has anyone got a car of any make with a bellows meeting this spec?

or:  Is anyone interested in buying one (or several 🙂 )with me, sharing shipping and taking the order close to or over 50 €?

I have contacted a UK manufacturer that supplies the automotive industry to see if they can point me to a suitable vehicle part.

Any other suggestions?

David Faulkner
      Participant

Problem with the forum Roger is lack of regular users which probably explains the lack of response.

Those of us with Solex PCIB 32 / 34 carbs have the filter dropped straight onto the carb itself so lack of understanding of the issue will also apply. Have you tried John Gillard to see if he has any used bits that may meet what your after or can suggest an alternative?

Hope you get your issued sorted though.

Roger Grix
        Participant

Thanks David,

I will give John a ring.  Not sure why I did not do that already.

It is just frustrating when you know that it will be out there somewhere – you just have to find it.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Grix
          Participant

For those who may not know, this is what it should look like.Oil Bath Air filter

Roger Grix
            Participant

An update.
              As two would be the same price as one, I decided to order two from Germany. Unfortunately that only makes 44,60 € and you cannot proceed to checkout with less that 50€ in your basket. I have since determined that only companies can buy on line and that individuals must order by email and the minimum order value is then 75 €, which means buying four.

This is a link to the web page detailing the bellows:

https://shop.dynatect.com/bellows/moulded-bellows/moulded-bellows-103538.html

If anyone has any comments on suitability or is interested in buying, please let me know.
              Roger

David Faulkner
              Participant

Roger on the Steinbock site which has the same part  https://www.steinbock-industrie.de/en/products/bellows-taylor-made/vulcaflex-moulded-bellows/bellows-shop/600/moulded-bellows-f-1128-r-nbr  at the top it says ‘No Minimum Value’ so worth checking with them?

Roger Grix
                Participant

Thanks a million, David.
                  I have been to their site and it looks good. Unfortunately, they are awaiting stock. I have registered for notification when stocks arrive (they say 2-3 weeks).

I will keep on top of this.
                  Thanks again.

Roger Grix
                  Participant

I have just googled the bellows number and it pops up in several places. Mostly in Germany but also in France – see this link.

https://www.ventouses-soufflets.com/fr/soufflets-ronds-d-61mm-a-d-100mm/172-1148-nbr-soufflet-nbr-d70mm-lmin-20mm-lmax-160mm.html

Prices all over the place and all seem to be awaiting stock. I will have a really good look through the possibilities tomorrow.
                    thanks again.

Roger Grix
                    Participant

Just to let you know, the French supplier had stock, no minimum order, reasonable postage, so I ordered one asking for it to be sent ASAP.  I got a call from Lyon the next morning from a long term English expat who put it in the post straight away, without waiting for the transfer to arrive.  I do love it when there is still some trust in the world.

Anyway, it should arrive this week so I will feed back to the forum.

I did contact John Gillard but he is in the same boat with filters but no bellows.

I have also been chatting to John Moon, the Slough Champion, so look out for the next Floating Power.

David Faulkner
                      Participant

Just to let you know, the French supplier had stock, no minimum order, reasonable postage

Good news Roger, finding a part number really helps with Google searches for those hard to find bits.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.