Oil Filter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Dobson
    Participant

Has anyone thought of fitting a remote oil filter for a Traction ?  There are remote oil filter kits on Ebay at very reasonable prices but I am wondering what the down side may be.  The supply could come from the main gallery plug at the rear of the engine near the bulk head however I am not clear where the return could go.  Any thoughts anyone ?

Joseph Dobson

Richard Larter
      Participant

DSCN2427          I fitted a remote oil filter last year and took the feed off the oil pump and through the sump. The return went back through the sump to feed the bearings. The picture shows the engine ready for bench testing just in case there was a problem, it is now back in the car and over 3000 miles so far. Oil pressure is a steady 50 psi with a fully reconditioned engine and uprated oil pump. Hope this is helpful.

Cheers Richard

Joseph Dobson
        Participant

Thanks Richard.  I wasn’t intending to go as far as you have done, just wanted to know if it was possible and whether it was worth doing.  The engine in my 1957 Normale has not been worked on as far as I know and it works fine so it may be a case of continuing with the regular oil change routine.

Dave Thornley
          Participant

Much easier just changing regularly, though Richard’s job looks very professional.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.