Retro Classics Stuttgart Roadster

Traction Owner’s Club Forums General discussions Retro Classics Stuttgart Roadster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roger Grix
    Participant

This ling popped up on my phone.

Very pretty but 1952?

Roger G

Roger Grix
      Participant

That should read this LINK.

Funny how you notice the typos after you hit send!

Roger G

Bernie
        Participant

Perhaps they meant 1925?

But you can understand the confusion because the dash is definitely post ’51.

B….

Roger Grix
          Participant

I was speaking to Andrew Galt today and mentioned this. He said that cabriolets were being “produced”, post war in, I think he said, Singapore. In the far east in any case. Presumably with a cutting torch?

Roger G

Bernie
            Participant

Possibly Vietnam with its French connections?  Cutting torch – certainly.

B…

Roger Grix
              Participant

As you say, Vietnam far more likely.

I received these comments from Andrew Galt.

Thanks for the link, definitely not pre-war looking at the dash/speedo. Pre-war speedos were black and the bars on the dash were only fitted on the later small boot models for about 12 months, but there should be four of them. Having said that it looks to have narrow rear wings which were only fitted to early pre-war cars. The real giveaway is the shape of the rear edge of the doors, which on this car (as far as I can tell) is vertical  and square at the lower rear corner, whereas on genuine roadsters the doors angled towards the rear as they dropped down. The spare wheel cover is odd.

The majority of the imitation roadsters were fabricated in Thailand and Vietnam where French cars (saloons) were available to convert.

Roger

Chris
                Participant

Very shiny though!

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.