Starter handle – 11BL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Looking for a starter handle for my 1952 11BL. Please contact me if you have one for sale.

Anonymous

Does your car have the bracket at the back of the bumper?

Anonymous

Also is the bumper straight or curved, there is a difference in the height of the upstand.

BTW I got mine from Andy Burnet, contact details in floating power.

Anonymous

Hi. Yes I have a bracket. And the bumper is the curved one. I have emailed Andy and waiting for his reply. Maybe I could get one made….can someone post drawing and sizes? Thanks.

Anonymous

Out of interest, why do you want/need one as no one seems to use them these days, especially on cars with electronic ignition conversions.

Anonymous

If and when my starter motor fails again, I will then be able to start the car.

Anonymous

Well replied Terry (Thierry)

Anonymous

@TerryG wrote:

If and when my starter motor fails again, I will then be able to start the car.

OK, if Andy hasn’t got one I can be persuaded to part with mine as I don’t use it (can’t to start my car, tried in France last year but with the electronic dizzy can’t manually retard the ignition)

For tappet adjustment etc. I find it easier to jack the car on the left front, put it in 3rd gear and turn the road wheel to spin the engine for maintenance work.

Let me know how you get on.

Anonymous

It should be left with the car as it is part of the original equipment whether used or not.

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

It should be left with the car as it is part of the original equipment whether used or not.

Sorry, but it’s not original to the car which came with nothing, no starter handle, no jack etc. 🙄

Anonymous

Thanks for all the comments.
                          Andy no longer has any in stock so please contact me via email if you have one for sale (terry.gest@yahoo.com).
                          Many thanks.

Anonymous

Anyone?????

Anonymous

Seeing as I’m now experiencing starting problems (separate thread) I’m going to have to hold on to mine for now.

Club spares does list one at circa £70+vat but if your really stuck and can’t find a used one…..

Have you looked on leboncoin.fr?

Anonymous

John Gillard in London?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • The forum ‘Parts Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.