Steering Wheel Removal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Ok I am stumped. Undone bolts and removed wheel from boss. Undid big nut holding boss onto column. Using a puller I am trying to get the boss off the column. Having used impact wrench and heat the damn thing is not moving, any ideas?

Anonymous

Use a LOT of heat and the biggest puller you have. It will come. There’s no other way. Years ago I did that on my 11B and melted the rubber bush in the column but replaced it with a length of heater hose. It’s a pain but it will come off.

Anonymous

Thanks I thought that would be the answer. It just seems everything is a pain to undo.

Anonymous

You are putting the puller claws or whatever it has at the base of the hub, not around the flange that the wheel bolts to, correct? I did that once and broke it off the hub. Then the real fun started! 👿

Anonymous

There is what looks like a large nut with the flange to bolt the steering wheel to. I have the puller behind that.

Anonymous

Yes! After a lot of heat and a lot of swearing it came off. Now the fun begins.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Tech Torque’ is closed to new topics and replies.