The springs that go under the inside handles

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Bodywork & interior The springs that go under the inside handles

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ron.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larry Lewis
    Participant

My 49 11BL is almost finished at the body shop after a lengthy body restoration. I have all the interior bits that I purchased from Renel Auto. New door panels with new interior handles and window cranks with coil springs. I am not sure where the springs go, under the door panels or outside the door panels and under the handles.  Wide end in or out? I don’t have them on my 54 11B so it’s not something I’ve worried about too much. So?

Bernie
      Participant

Inside the cloth, narrow end first against the panel, wide end out sitting inside the escutcheon.

They should hold the cloth tight to the escutcheon which should then grip the cloth with the 4 peripheral triangular tags.

B…..

Larry Lewis
        Participant

Thanks Bernie!

Ron
          Participant

That is most useful as, when I replaced all my door cards, the springs had been located between the door itself and the door card which caused something of a struggle to replicate when refitting the new cards.  Looks like I’ll have to disassemble and start again which is a shame because those pesky little pins are a pain!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.