Touring in Europe

Traction Owner’s Club Forums General discussions Touring in Europe

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well, we made it! 1700 miles from home in Salisbury, right down to Pyrenees, various stops and visits over 3 weeks. We went well prepared with tools etc but not much use in the two breakdowns, fortunately near the end of the trip: 1 Gear lever disengaged from forks (I tried but could not fix this, local garage fixed it), and 2, rod from accelerator to carb came off at bottom end (it would be that end, highly inaccessible and I had to let very hot exhaust manifold cool before I could reach down to accelerator pin!). I bodged this with some 17 amp wire, cable ties and elastic bands and it got us home – 3 days and 200 miles. Still functioning. I shall be writing all this up for FP in due course. Many thanks for the advice, most of which I took. Pure joy driving this car on French roads almost entirely non motorway. Not a single pothole. Saw only one Traction and half a dozen 2CV’s.

Nigel

Jonathan
      Participant

Well done Nigel!

Not as scary as you think and now you’ve started pushing your comfort zone who knows where it will stop?

I have to point out I’m only just a fraction ahead of you with comfort zones as I’m an engineering ignoramus!

They do say of course that it doesn’t matter how much you push the envelope it’ll still be stationary!!

See you in Northumberland?

Cheers

J

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.