Very Rare Traction Part on ebygumbay

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum For Sale/Swap Shop Very Rare Traction Part on ebygumbay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Here’s one “for parts or not working” £299.99

Anonymous

Yes the listing has been revised from £99 back to £299 – Doh!

Anonymous
          Anonymous

I think he means €10 🙂

Anonymous

In answer to Dave Selfridge ? I just used a 3 leg puller with padding (the wheel had been off in the last 10 years) Jan / Feb FP has a more elaborate set up.
              There are a lot of posts on the subject,

Dave

Anonymous

Thanks Dave for your help,I will check out Floating Power.
                Much appreciated, Davy Selfridge.

Anonymous

To-day I set about removal of old steering wheel of my Slough 1952 Light 15 and was presently surprised at how easy it came Off. Removed large nut a sharp tap with rubber mallet and of it came off. Fitting new wheel and hub were just as easy.
                  September I have booked a total respray as the left side door skin and bottom of door require renewal, this should bring back the super look to the cavalier blue.
                  Chris supplied all the parts and was very helpful with the difficult delivery of the fragile door skin to Northern Ireland.
                  John Gillard already carried out repairs to side gutters, new gutters and downpipe’s to sunroof and repainted roof in 2014
                  Just sent this post to assure members that removal of steering will not always be difficult.
                  John carried out all the work on this car prior to my purchase and he may have had the steering of recently

Davy Selfridge

Anonymous

@David Selfridge wrote:

September I have booked a total respray as the left side door skin and bottom of door require renewal, this should bring back the super look to the cavalier blue.

Davy, intrigued. Where are you planning to get the respray done? And what was the quote like? (You don’t have to answer the second question!)

Anonymous

Norman, The body work is being carried out 1 mile from my home in Northern Ireland by a 76 year old man having worked at this all his working life. Alvar Campbell is very well known in the local area he is very proud of his work and would only hand over the car when he 100% satisfied with the job. He has completed numerous jobs for me in the past,the last job was on a Mercedes which he completed to a standard equivalent to the German Factory, in my opinion (which is high)
                      I never ask him for a price and trust him not to overcharge me, for his high quality work. If you can trust someone I feel that it can work out cheaper, as nearly always estimates are over quoted to allow for problems that never materialises.
                      My car is in the TOC calendar this month (June) KVS 864

Regards Davy

Anonymous

Davy, it is indeed a beautiful car, and yes it’s adorning pride of place on my office wall.
                        I’m with you on trust. If I trust the individual, I too just ask them to get on with the job in their own time.
                        Hope it works out well.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • The forum ‘For Sale/Swap Shop’ is closed to new topics and replies.