Volume of Coolant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am going to be putting Waterless Coolant into my newly built engine (good opportunity as there will have never been any water in it since it was cleaned)

What is the volume required by a standard Perfo engine ?

Also, I have seen somewhere (but can’t remember where) someone putting in a small drainage tap at the drain plug of the crankcase. Thought that might be a good idea if draining in the future, specially as this waterless coolant is so expensive.

Thanks
      Ian

Anonymous

7.5 litres BL and 8 litres BN according to the ‘tech’ sheet on the main site.

Instead of waterless, which is very expensive I used this: http://shop.citroenclassics.co.uk/propylene-glycol–pre-mixed-coolant-5-litres-non-toxic-long-life-environmentally-friendly-928-p.asp but postage would probably make it as expensive as waterless for you?

Anonymous

wow! 8 litres… that might make it prohibitively too expensive on the waterless option. With postage it is €109 euros for 5 litres so nearly €200 to fill the car.

Darn it 🙁

Anonymous

Yep, it’s expensive 🙂

Fill the system then find you have a leak and………..

Have a read through the link I posted as that claims to be ‘lifetime’ coolant.

Anonymous

I saw that – I am sure they will have an equivalent here. It is a shame though as after cleaning the inside of the engine I didn’t to to expose it to any more water at all.

But the 50/50 looks a halfway house…. 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.