Wheels

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

My Slough Light Fifteen (1953) is fitted with non standard wheels, which it inherited whilst in South Africa, presumably because of a lack of suitably sized original tyres. It does enable the fitting of a modern tyre but is smaller in diameter than standard.
      Does anyone have a set of original wheels that I could buy? Cosmetic condition is unimportant since they will be fully refurbished prior to fitting.
      Distance within the UK is no object, I would be happy to come and collect.

Please contact me on northern@traction-owners.co.uk if you have anything suitable.
      Many thanks

Anonymous

@norustplease wrote:

My Slough Light Fifteen (1953) is fitted with non standard wheels, which it inherited whilst in South Africa, presumably because of a lack of suitably sized original tyres. It does enable the fitting of a modern tyre but is smaller in diameter than standard.
        Does anyone have a set of original wheels that I could buy? Cosmetic condition is unimportant since they will be fully refurbished prior to fitting.
        Distance within the UK is no object, I would be happy to come and collect.

Please contact me on northern@traction-owners.co.uk if you have anything suitable.
        Many thanks

James Geddes might have some French ones he got from me (or know where to get some ‘Slough’ ones as they are different in appearance) and I’m going to Lakeland Motor Museum on April 19th so could bring them 2/3rds of the way.

I’ll PM you his phone number

Anonymous

Thanks for that. I will give him a ring.

Anonymous

You can always try Andy Burnet (contact details are in Floating Power) he has a lot of parts tucked away but you would need to courier things as he is up in Aberdeen

Anonymous

What do your wheels look like?

I was searching everywhere for a set that would allow me normal “modern” tyres.

Ian

Anonymous

I’ll take a photo and post it later today.
                Actually, if you look at the introductions section under Lancashire Traction there are photos of my car which will give an idea.

Anonymous

Hi
                  Here is an image of one of the wheels. The spare is the real thing, 16 inch rim with a standard UK centre. These appear to have been made using the original centre and a 15″ rim. Or could be off a DS maybe?

Anonymous

If you pull the hub cap off and the centre of the wheel is a round hole then it could be early ID/DS or Square hole it’s a later DS / DSuper

Anonymous

Its a round hole. probably undergears the car slightly, being a smaller diameter.

Anonymous

Just to say, James Geddes managed to find me a set of decent original Slough wheels, which have now been grit blasted and painted and will shortly be going off for tyre fitting.

Thanks to all who helped.

Anonymous

Well done 😀

If anyone has a set of Pilot rims lying around not wanted, let me know.

Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

What do your wheels look like?

I was searching everywhere for a set that would allow me normal “modern” tyres.

Ian

Hi
                              Are you still interested in a set of wheels that will take modern tyres? When I have had new tyres fitted to the Slough ones, mine would be available.

Bryan

Anonymous

I could be, yes… depends on price (i.e. if I was to save for the pilots) but I do like the idea of modern tires for trotting around in.

Anonymous

If you can email me on bryan.pullan@gmail.com, then I can give you more details. Probably easier than PM.
                                  Thanks
                                  Bryan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • The forum ‘Parts Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.