1950 Lt15 small boot floor and cover plates

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Bodywork & interior 1950 Lt15 small boot floor and cover plates

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Russell-Jones
    Participant

This is a close up of the retaining clip. Note that there are also two anti rattle stoppers on the lip, one visible in this shot.

IMG_1856

Jack Peppiatt
      Participant

Patrick, thank you. that is now completely clear and understandable. The explanation added the cream. I am in your debt

Regards Jack

Jack Peppiatt
        Participant

Following my earlier question on the boot floor/plate/cover etc, I am now reconstructing the rear valance and lower boot floor. I have a new lower boot floor, reusing the old hinges and have a new outer valance.

Does anyone have good photos of  the boot/valance structure during restoration please. The fellow doing the welding is wondering about the hinge reinforcement plates and the brackets that attach the hinges to the lower boot floor etc. I am unable to find an exploded drawing of the components or clear resto photos. any help would be much appreciated

thanks

Jack

Patrick Russell-Jones
          Participant

Jack

This might help

Patrick

WIP 1B s

Jack Peppiatt
            Participant

Thank you Patrick, again, you have apparently  been through this process. Underneath plating on the vertical from the upper to the lower floor, was the original, which apart from some minor rusting on the bottom edge  which was easy to cut away and weld a 25mm strip across the width.

We have a new lower boot floor with reinforcing plates for the boot hinges and outside that we have a new valance. Are we missing anything else do you think? I have not been able to find an exploded parts drawing or any other illustration.

Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated

Patrick Russell-Jones
              Participant

Jack

A couple more pictures. I think you have everything. The new floor provides the lid hinge fixing points and then you have the valance panel filling the space between the wing ends (photo2). Photos courtesy of James Geddes who did the work for me.

Patrick

Lt15 Boot

Lt 15 boot 2

Philippe Allison
                Participant

P1030422P1030223P1030436P1030437P1030444P1030452P1030453

Jack, some before and after pictures of my Slough Big 6 basically the same. Hope it helps.  Regards Philippe

Jack Peppiatt
                  Participant

Dear Philippe and Patrick,

Thank you both for the excellent photos, they are exactly what was needed and have resolved the issues we had

I am most grateful

Regards Jack

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.