New Addition to Traction Collection.

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Your Project New Addition to Traction Collection.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I just found some Pics of the 80 year old original seating/door cards that had forgot I had stored in my iCloud account.
      Regards
      Davy

Anonymous

Do you still have the original door cards??

Anonymous

No I told the Trimmers to dump, as the hardboard backing was warped through age and the leather was as fragile as tissue paper.
          My brother in law is a master carpenter and he cut out new door cards from oil tempered hardboard (oil tempered does not warp or twist due to the linseed oil content) and the swan neck detailing and door pockets were cut from birch 3mm plywood for extra strength to these areas.

Regards
          Davy

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering as they look in pretty good condition – better than my Light 12 (’39). Does your car have a leather panel wrapping around from the rear doors to the rear window, replacing the side headlining. Stupidly, I forgot to take a picture before I removed it for storage – would describe it better.

Regards,

Anonymous

A small strip upstand of leather behind back doors then leather glued to rear wheel arches I could post Pics later if you wish
              If you require a sample of leather, just send me a PM with your address and I’ll be glad to help.
              Regards
              Davy

Anonymous

Davy,

I know what you mean. It’s the same as my Light 15.
                The leather in my Light 12 runs level with the top of the passenger windows, down and around to the rear window. About half of the “C-pillar” is leather the rest is headlining material. There is also a blind running from bottom to top of the rear window! (operated by a pull-string above the driver’s door!)
                It may be some time before I get it all back together again…!!
                Good to see another pre-war Light 12, can’t be many left.
                regards,
                Alistair

Anonymous

Hi Alistair
                  These pre-war Tractions are very rare and are increasingly, through time much sought after. John Gillard has a lot of history and experience working on my car for past owners, and assures me that to his knowledge only four other unrestored cars similar to mine are presently in the U.K. Possibly others will reply to tell me there are hundreds, joking aside they must be a fairly rare car indeed. John assures me that the Duchess of Cornwall once owned this car and promised to try and troll through his records to complete a history, which would confirm this for me.

Pics of Leather upstand and wheel arches pieces. The seam in wheel arches will almost disappear when pulled tight over wheel arches and glued in place, then after seat back and bottom are fitted not much of wheel arches are visible.
                  Regards
                  Davy

Anonymous

David,

It looks like a beautiful job. Where abouts are you or how do I get in touch with this company?

Regards, Norman

Anonymous

Hi Norman
                      I live in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, this company is in BALLYMENA, not far from my premises.
                      If you require any information on this small firm please contact me, or if I can be a go between for you, this would not be a problem (Pleased to help in any way)
                      Kind Regards
                      Davy

David Selfridge
                      Participant

Could someone identify this model of Traction for me
                        Davy Selfridge Traction

David Selfridge
                        Participant

Photo Traction null

David Faulkner
                          Participant

David can you post the full url of the image so we can take a look as it appears the new site isn’t working 100% yet

David Selfridge
                            Participant

Hi David
                              resized_20170710_110444258.jpg
                              Davy

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by David Selfridge. Reason: Load photograph
                              • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by David Selfridge. Reason: Updated photo
                              David Selfridge
                              Participant

I have enjoyed a lovely drive in the Northern Ireland contryside in my Legere, it has made wonder why I am selling this lovely positive driving car, however I don’t have a choice as the 1938 Light 12 has now return from its  full restoration. My full commitment must now be on the Light 12 as the lack of garage space would not allow me both.

My heart will break when the Legere leaves my premises but I must try harder to sell, to date I have been reluctant to push Sale.

Davy 1953 Legere

David Selfridge
                                Participant

Hi

I have just sold my Legere, I had become quite fond of this Car and parted reluctantly, but the garage space required freeing, for another project. Now I can concentrate on my Light 12 which requires some TLC.

The Light 12 will be presented at The Pride of Ownership Stand, NEC, Birmingham, November 2018, my invitation has already been secured. Looking forward to this big forthcoming event and hope that all TOC members attending will take the time to vote for my car and maybe secure a Win for a Citroen Traction (the only Traction at this event) The Cars at this Stand can be voted for by all attending the show and a Winner will be announced at the conclusion, this is a tough stand with many very good restorattion projects competing, but I am off the opinion that a Citroen Traction Avant, should be able to hold its on with tough opposition, Fingers Crossed.

Davy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • The forum ‘Your Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.