Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yves Leather
    Participant

Hello, I join a few weeks ago and I’ve gradually learning the ropes.

My name is Yves, I’m 27, its nice to meet you all! I live up in The Lakes, I’ve been interested in TA’s since I was a child. We had a family friend in our village you owned one, and I have many memories of being picked up from School in it, in the early 2000’s. He passed away some years ago, and his son Sold the car. Not sure where it is now though.

About 2 years ago I met an owner of a Slough Built in Penrith, who gave me of some Ideas of what ownership looks like, and what clubs to join. I recently saw there green car over the weekend, but didn’t get a chance to talk to him again.

I’m looking at two Idea’s at the moment,

Firstly: I’m trying to track down an Engine, Light 15 and I own a series of static car engines for steam gatherings and I’d like to add one to my collection.

Secondly: I’d like to track down a rolling project. RHD or LHD, I do prefer the metal dash and interior of french Models. Really to see whats out there and if there is anything locally to me. My budget isn’t massive, please do bear that in mind.

Apart from those, I’d really like to be involved in regular meet ups and gatherings going forward. I’ll be keeping in contact with my local rep to see whats going on in the area.

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Yves

Bernie
      Participant

Yves,

Welcome to the TOC.

You seek an engine for a static display.  Does that mean it is literally static and does not have to run, possibly cut away to show the various components and special features – or do you want to be able to demonstrate it running it on a rig?

Meanwhile, I have added a reply to your other post regarding the car you are looking for

B……

Yves Leather
        Participant

Hi Bernie

Thanks for the reply, I think I’ll take your advise and find a lhd for now and then somewhere later down the line find the one I want.

Incase of the engine, it would be more of a running engine on stationary display. Some of the engines I own for example power 240v generators or air compressors. I would also be interested in a cut-away if there is one already in existence. Otherwise I wouldn’t want cut apart a running engine.

Y.

Dave Thornley
          Participant

You much too young for this forum, come back in 50 years time !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.