1952 Paris built Normale RSJ 834

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Your Project 1952 Paris built Normale RSJ 834

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Don’t forget that the ID and DS engines have a cross flow head so the carb moves over to the other side of the car which makes it easier for fuel piping.

You may want to make sure that they are from a LHD car or you may have gearbox/clutch linkage issues like Mick has in his RHD Roadster (in a separate thread) to add to your list of ‘jobs’ to do.

BTW the inboard disc brakes really do stop a DS with the onboard hydraulics and if they would fit into a Traction, would transform it. It’s the 1st thing I notice when switching between cars.

Anonymous

My car is a LHD the DS21 is a RHD. I must admit I like the idea of discs on the front but I am loathe to totally change the car from as it is at present pretty much original to something inbetween.

Anonymous

Today removed all the dash and window surround. Removed sun visors and finally the old headlining. Also started to look at the conversion to 12 volt and the decision needs to be made to rewire or not? I am leaning to a rewire and fitting a fuse panel since several wires are showing their age.

Anonymous

Even if you rewire to the back, the front can be done later if needed. But the rear goes behind the headling so not accessible later.

I broke down each loom to make it easier and with the connection blocks its facile 😀

Anonymous

Ian I love the idea of the connection blocks. They make it so much easier. I have lots of wiring looms out of MGFs that I have broken so have a supply of wire for free. My intention is to do the wiring to the rear first even though that seems in pretty good condition. I have taken the headlining out from all around the edges and today will try and remove it completely. Never been so nervous working on a car, this is like nothing I have worked on before.

Anonymous

Is there a way of searching for articles in the magazines? I know I can look at each one but I was looking for the one mentioning removing a headlining. Want to go out and do that but very foggy here at the moment.

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

All of the Technical Articles are on the Technical CD. They are searchable by keywords. It is available from the club. It used to be £20.

I thought they might be on the techtorque on here but I cannot get that to work on this computer. I really need a new computer but all money is going on the car. Thanks for the info Den. I will see if I can buy that for future use.

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

Is there a way of searching for articles in the magazines?

Yes,If you have a fast broadband connection you can download the DVD (800Mb) from here:

http://traction-owners.co.uk/members_only/technical_articles.shtml

If you don’t have a fast broadband connection you can email me and I will send you a DVD for the cost of the postage.

When you have the files you can either run from a DVD or install on your hard disk.

In the meantime, you can download the index from here:

http://www.traction-owners.co.uk/members_only/downloads/keywords.dat

Which is only 124kb and search it with notepad.

Please ask more questions like this because the forum members all know lots of stuff that we don’t know you don’t know……

……but we do know something that you know now…. :ugeek:

Anonymous

Baz,
                        The Index file will work on an Amstrad PC 1512 running Dos….

Anonymous

Thanks Mick for the info. My problem is this computer is telling me I have a illegal copy of windows. Since it has never been changed since I bought the PC I have no idea why it is saying that. Because of this I have no admin control over the PC and it will not let me download things. I suspect it might have been hacked at some point. I cannot re install windows from the discs I have because it says I am not authorised! I really need to hit it with a hammer.

Anonymous

I have a PC & 19″ monitor that you can have for £40
                            Its running windows XP but is legal (one of the machines left over from the ICCCR 2012 , held in Harrogate)

http://www.ICCCR2012.ork.uk

[attachment=4:11i4cdgu]$_35 (1).JPG[/attachment:11i4cdgu]
                            [attachment=3:11i4cdgu]$_35 (2).JPG[/attachment:11i4cdgu]
                            [attachment=2:11i4cdgu]$_35.JPG[/attachment:11i4cdgu]
                            [attachment=1:11i4cdgu]L1906-1.jpg[/attachment:11i4cdgu]

You can add more memory and a second disc (or install the disk that you have in your old PC.

Where about are you in Essex?
                            If I can get it to London, could you collect – say from John Gillards in the Old Kent Road
                            The remaining units are all over in Leeds with Nigel – could you collect from there instead?

[attachment=0:11i4cdgu]nigel-w.jpg[/attachment:11i4cdgu]

Anonymous

Mick thanks for the offer and one I cannot refuse. I can collect from John as I work around that area on a regular basis. I am also going to the NEC. I could arrange a courier also if I have a collection address and a idea of the weight. Give me a car and I can fix it, give me a computer with windows 3.1 and I could sort that but after XP I am lost.

Anonymous

The quickest way is to collect by courier from Leeds.
                                Consists of Base unit, 19″ flats creep, keyboard (new), mouse (new) & all cables.
                                I’ll ring Nigel this evening and get it sorted.

Alternatively..Nigel will be at the NEC and can bring along for you to collect from his motor home in the car park.

Which is best for you?

Anonymous

Mick I can wait until the NEC as that would be easiest for me. Thanks once again for this. Perhaps then I will at last be able to get some pictures on here.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 191 total)
                                • The forum ‘Your Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.