1952 Paris built Normale RSJ 834

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Your Project 1952 Paris built Normale RSJ 834

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

I will check that Den. If it is the rare stuff and anyone needs it I will be pleased to let them have it.

Anonymous

Thanks, I have the original material on my Normale.

Anonymous

It looks like it is original, long diamonds. I will make sure it does not get damaged. The seat covers are in in good shape really, no holes or tears and only minor stains which I reckon would clean out and a bit of stitching come undone.

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

It looks like it is original, long diamonds. I will make sure it does not get damaged. The seat covers are in in good shape really, no holes or tears and only minor stains which I reckon would clean out and a bit of stitching come undone.

Worth taking them off carefully and putting them up for sale – Le Bon Coin, you can sell anything on there and original covers in good condition if priced slightly lower than a complete new set would sell quite quickly, I bet.

I scrapped mine 🙁

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

@bazessex wrote:

Worth taking them off carefully and putting them up for sale – Le Bon Coin, you can sell anything on there and original covers in good condition if priced slightly lower than a complete new set would sell quite quickly, I bet.

I scrapped mine 🙁

I am now torn on what to do as I was going to take them apart to use as a pattern for the new covers. If I was to sell them I think I would offer to the club members first and money raised would go to one of the animal charities we support. I am worried now that getting the tacks out will cause damage. Bum!

Anonymous

[attachment=]20150911_141020(1) (Small).jpg[/attachment][attachment=8:2r7z5g01]20150911_141020(1) (Small).jpg[/attachment:2r7z5g01][attachment=8:2r7z5g01]20150911_141020(1) (Small).jpg[/attachment:2r7z5g01][attachment=8:2r7z5g01]20150911_141020(1) (Small).jpg[/attachment:2r7z5g01][attachment=8:2r7z5g01]20150911_141020(1) (Small).jpg[/attachment:2r7z5g01][attachment=8:2r7z5g01]20150911_141020(1) (Small).jpg[/attachment:2r7z5g01][attachment=8:2r7z5g01]20150911_141020(1) (Small).jpg[/attachment:2r7z5g01][attachment=8:2r7z5g01]20150911_141020(1) (Small).jpg[/attachment:2r7z5g01]

Pictures of when I went with Paul to collect the car.

Anonymous

……….

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

Why not reuse the original covers Baz? It will help the car sell easier if you ever wish to.

I forgot to mention that it should be on the bottom 5 inches or so of the door cards

Yes it is on the door cards too.
                      I understand that many want to keep their car original and I respect that. I on the other hand believe every car should reflect the person and what they want it to do and be. I intend going down the ID19 engine and 4 speed box in the next year. I have already started on rewiring and converting to 12v electrics. I intend fitting a electric oil pump and also a electric water pump and pressurising the system. I also have a Corsa steering column to adapt which will give me power steering and the safety feature of a collapsible column in case of a accident. Add to that the Landrover engine mounts and you probably get the picture.
                      My aim is to end up with a car that can hold its own in modern traffic and be reliable. I bought a LHD purely because most of the touring we want to do will be in Europe.
                      Back to the seats and it is just that I do not like the colour or finish. I wanted to go leather but with us both being vegetarians and my wife threatening to use my skin to cover the seats it has been decided to go for a all material look. I hope it turns out ok but if not it will be redone.

Anonymous

…………

Anonymous

I am just being lazy with the power steering. You made me realise I forgot about the heater, might even go for air con but I think that may be a step too far.

Anonymous

I have a period heater to fit some time. Again the fan is 12 volt. But I also have a 6 volt one waiting to go into my Legere.

Anonymous

I have all the parts to make a heater, I will probably use the vent in front of windscreen to draw air in and try to hide the rest behind the dash. I will use small electric heater for demisting should it be needed.

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

Is the DS gear linkage still required with a LHD car?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 191 total)
                                • The forum ‘Your Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.