1955 Traction 11B "Barn Find" Project

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Your Project 1955 Traction 11B "Barn Find" Project

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Thanks Den – I was just reading that in the TOC Tech, but this is a larger picture.

Any photos of the other end.

Anonymous

……………

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

A diaphragm clutch is lighter than a TA clutch.

but heavy on the pocket 😕

Anonymous

So I have the schematic now. I will set this up tomorrow.

But can someone look at the photo of my changer (from underneath) – does this look about right. Are the levers bolted on the correct side.

[attachment=0:3rtjydpa]GEAR CHANGER.jpg[/attachment:3rtjydpa]

Anonymous

…………..

Anonymous

……………

Anonymous

Found one – I will have another go tomorrow, when I have fresh mind……. 😕 😕

[attachment=0:25hma0xn]P1060041.jpg[/attachment:25hma0xn]

Anonymous

……..

Anonymous

…………

Anonymous

Bottom of the pillar gearbox end to changer at the battery side of the bulkhead is 1st and reverse (which runs very close to the carb heat shield)

Top of the tower gearbox end to changer toward outside of car is 2nd and 3rd

Anonymous

For the clutch being ‘heavy’ did you use a new cable?

I have an original style clutch in my car, with a new cable and whilst being heavier than some cars, you don’t change gear much once in motion anyway 🙂

Anonymous

I stripped the cable and greased it all. It is in quite good condition.

When pressing the pedal down it slightly pull the engine to the rear – it maybe just to tight or not adjusted correctly. I will look for a procedure.

Right – bike training and then back in the garage – it is a bright sunny day here in the Pyrenees 😀

Anonymous

Thanks for the help with the gear linkages. I had a couple of problems, one being the power steering motor fouling the changer so I will need to reposition this somehow. Secondly I had not realised the adjustment for neutral. So even though the changer was in the centre and wiggling side to side, the one gar was not exactly in neutral so not allowing the other side to work. After a few hours of tinkering I got it going fine.

[attachment=2:ae2e73vg]P1070382.jpeg[/attachment:ae2e73vg]

Then onwards with the engine accessories – the carb went on quickly and all connected up. I managed to fix the choke cable and it is all greased up and works perfectly. Alternator installed now but I think I may need to fabricate a new extension bracket as it is just on the limit of being tight enough for the fan belt.

Installed the first section of “original” exhaust having had it repaired where it had cracked near the lower bracket. I also taped it with heat shield to try and prevent some of the heat near the alternator.

[attachment=1:ae2e73vg]P1070379.jpg[/attachment:ae2e73vg]

Spark plug cable all made up (I bought the cable and ends separately so I could get them the right lengths) Fuel pump back in place with fuel pipe and inline filter installed.
                              The original oil filler cap has come up a treat with the polishing wheel – I am so glad I picked that up at Retro Mobile.

[attachment=0:ae2e73vg]P1070381.jpeg[/attachment:ae2e73vg]

Anonymous

I have put on the cooling fan and just placed the radiator to make sure everything fits OK. I also installed the water temperature sensor into the top hose and routed the cable.

[attachment=1:2lit8oea]P1070387.jpeg[/attachment:2lit8oea]

Put on the heater tube, again just to make sure it fits. I will take it off again when I start trying to turn the engine over.

[attachment=2:2lit8oea]P1070388.jpeg[/attachment:2lit8oea]

I filled the gearbox up with oil and fitted the sump plug to the engine sump (if not I knew I would forget later 😕 ) And lastly I have put on the second long pipe of the exhaust. Again it is a little bent and dented form the previous owner but I intend to replace the exhaust in about a year or so (for stainless)

[attachment=0:2lit8oea]P1070390.jpeg[/attachment:2lit8oea]

Anonymous

…………..

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 443 total)
                                • The forum ‘Your Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.