1955 Traction 11B "Barn Find" Project

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Your Project 1955 Traction 11B "Barn Find" Project

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 436 through 443 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

Re adjusting Clutch pedal hide.

Loosen the cable at the gearbox end. Then adjust the pedal height bolt that is inside the car and then readjust the cable.

Forgot to mention – thanks Den, all done and Pedal in perfect harmony with the brake pedal.

I let my wife have a drive the other day….. just int he supermarket carpark on a Sunday (no cars). She loved it.

Let my son also have a drive today and he took to it very easily heading out over the Pyrenean countryside. He took it nice and steady and when I mentioned this he said in French…well it is an old mans car (la voiture do mon pappy) ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

It is running beautifully ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

He took it nice and steady and when I mentioned this he said in French…well it is an old mans car (la voiture do mon pappy) ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

So your now confirmed as an ‘Old Man’ welcome to the club, oh and it’s not ‘exclusive’ ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous

Nothing to do with Tractions but here is my Project Thread for my Renault 4CV Gordini project.

Basically bought the engine in Cardiff this past April all in bits, so now cleaning and rebuilding. Very similar to the Traction engine but tiny, so much easier to handle when you can just lift it by hand. The little 850 Gordini will double the original power from 20 to 40 bhp. Hence also changing the front drums to larger Dauphine drums. Plus strengthening the handling of the rear wheel drive as this car is destined for a little regularity rallying ๐Ÿ™‚

Adding new stuff each day and it is an open forum ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

http://renaultccc.proboards.com/thread/3150/pyrenean-55-4cv

Anonymous

Another nice looking project Ian and an interesting read, thanks for sharing it ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

Not a Traction, I know but the same year as my ’55 11B.

I finally have got another little French car back on the road, this time it was laid up for only 15 years in a neighbouring village (all my cars seem to be local to me ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

This little Renault 4CV has now passed its Contrรดle Technique and I noticed the guys chuckle when they lifted the engine lid to be faced with this beast of an engine ๐Ÿ™‚ A little Dauphine Gordini from 1962, doubling the power of the original car ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

Shame they have banned this member.

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

Banned?! Baz, I’m astonished. One of the most valuable contributors. Given me so much help and guidance, what a complete tragedy.
                  The year is 2016, embrace the technology that’s out there. It is indeed a fabulous resource. Just one look at Ian’s project thread shows us what a knowledgebase it is.
                  Just because we may own a car built in the 1950’s, doesn’t mean we have to leave our brains in the 1950’s!
                  Pathetic.

Anonymous

@NormanAnderson wrote:

@bazessex wrote:

Banned?! Baz, I’m astonished. One of the most valuable contributors. Given me so much help and guidance, what a complete tragedy.
                    The year is 2016, embrace the technology that’s out there. It is indeed a fabulous resource. Just one look at Ian’s project thread shows us what a knowledgebase it is.
                    Just because we may own a car built in the 1950’s, doesn’t mean we have to leave our brains in the 1950’s!
                    Pathetic.

The way it is going this forum is going to be put out to a company that charges for it’s services and it will be policed by a committee member. Shame how they only get interested to censor the forum and not actually come on here and answer the points raised. It might be worth a mention to other members that the powers that be are wasting our money to suit their narrow minded prejudice. No wonder the membership is aging what chance has a youngster got with the attitude of the club?
                    I am surprised I have not been banned yet, I have had posts stopped from appearing. I will stay a member and go to some of the committee meets I think.

Viewing 8 posts - 436 through 443 (of 443 total)
                  • The forum ‘Your Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.