1955 Traction 11B "Barn Find" Project

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Your Project 1955 Traction 11B "Barn Find" Project

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

But when you are faced with this each morning 😉

[attachment=0:gg7343s5]P1060324.jpg[/attachment:gg7343s5]

Anonymous

Gad, that is nasty! Makes me want to crack open a beer and forget about it for a while.

Anonymous

Are you talking about the Alien peeking through or the crud?

Anonymous

Yeah, looks like a baby raccoon!

Anonymous

It looks a little different now, will post photos up when back on the car.

2 brake drums to finish off and I then get to start on the engine rebuild…. A little more exciting. 😀

Anonymous

I finished up with the front brake backs and they are ready to go back on the car. I still have the drums to do but I need a break from all the cleaning so have ventured inside the car for a while.

[attachment=2:1oycet19]P1060671.jpeg[/attachment:1oycet19]

I have stripped out the seats and the door cards. They are now in the back of the van ready to be taken to Toulouse tomorrow for some quotes to be redone. I am not going for the traditional Traction Interior but something a little different. Not outrageous just not the norm 😀

[attachment=1:1oycet19]P1060673.jpeg[/attachment:1oycet19]
                [attachment=0:1oycet19]P1060674.jpeg[/attachment:1oycet19]

Anonymous

I also need the headlining done. Does anyone know of any kits for this and has anyone attempted to install a new headlining ❓

[attachment=1:dguruop6]P1060675.jpeg[/attachment:dguruop6]

I have also stripped out all the internal framework from the windows. I am also taking this to Toulouse to be powder coated in a new colour. Again, nothing outrageous, just different from the norm.

I have a broken speedo unit. I have dismantled it and just moved the needle to the left. It does advance when I put a drill on the end, but not sure if it will ever be calibrated. Are these available anywhere or does anyone have a spare unit clogging up space. 12 Volt will also work for me as long as it will fit into the dash framework.

[attachment=0:dguruop6]P1060689.jpg[/attachment:dguruop6]

Anonymous

If you want it cleaned and calibrated, try JDO http://www.jdo1.com/ – they did a great job on mine in the old Morris Minor.

Your speedo cable could simply require replacing but as the car is in bits, I would change it anyway.

The 5w bulbs in the head illuminate pretty much nothing so when I went to 12v I uprated them to 10 watt, still not 100%, but better than they were!

BTW I have a spare set of CTA Polypropylene (non rot) door cards for a big boot TA available. Somehow I ended up with 2 pairs so the spares are going cheap if anyone wants them.

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

Headlining will be standard – I like the cream.

No sunroof though, must be a trick of photography. 😀 That is the sun visor

Anonymous

2 Questions –

1. Where can I find a headliner kit

2. How much would one expect to pay to have the seats and door cards re-upholstered (not standard but just vinyl in two colours)

Thank you
                          (shocked and bewildered 😯 😯 😮 )

Anonymous

…………..

Anonymous

Personally I would use Jose Fransen now rather than CTA whose prices have risen….

Fransen want circa £245 euro for a headlinging in brown (brun) or grey or sell by the metre at 46 euro http://www.citroen-traction-avant.com/Content/C_Produkte.aspx?SPR=4&KATSEITE=065&Page=3

But interior restoration on a Traction isn’t cheap.

Personally I bought some hides from eBay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Joshua-Oliver-Fabrics?_rdc=1 and made the interior custom rather than go ‘original’

Anonymous

I am finishing off cleaning the small thinks while waiting for my new parts to arrive from CASm (old CTA).

I have to search through the garage for these as it was a while ago when I stripped these of the car and as they were attached to the front suspension system, they were insignificant at the time 😆

[attachment=2:2xym8tml]P1060694.jpg[/attachment:2xym8tml]

Starting stripping the interior now too and found a few holes in the floor – will strip back further and see how bad it is. (Any hints on forming a new panel for the floor or a source for ‘small’ pieces of flooring ❓ )

[attachment=1:2xym8tml]P1060701.jpeg[/attachment:2xym8tml]

In profit already, some Francs from 1941, 43 & 44.

[attachment=0:2xym8tml]P1060696.jpeg[/attachment:2xym8tml]

Anonymous

……………

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 443 total)
                                • The forum ‘Your Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.