TOC Events List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Don’t forget that a full list of forthcoming events can always be found here: http://traction-owners.co.uk/uploads/events/news.pdf

Anonymous

Well it seems I will not be going to the Birthday event as it is fully booked. I could understand rooms etc being fully booked but anything else seems a bit silly. Surely a event should be able to take all members?

Anonymous

Agreed Baz, not everyone will want to go for the full weekend so surely there must be something available for ‘day members’?

Anonymous

According to FP magazine there are no spaces for the rally. Surely if it is in a field or whatever driving around how can it be full? I have been to MG meets where they have been hundreds of cars yet still been able to join in. Since I am a fairly new member I was hoping to go but that seems to be a non starter.

Anonymous

A certain number of places for the “usual suspects” and others are automatically reserved prior to an event being announced. It has always been this way.

Anonymous

So are you saying every year not everyone can go on a club do? It seems that new members do not get a very good welcome when events are organised if they do not get a chance to attend because all the spaces are taken by the established members and guests.

Anonymous

Maybe just turn up with your membership card….. surely you would be welcome, even if you took your own sandwiches 😉

I have passed on the last few outings with my local club and Traction Universelle here – just because I am fed up of driving to a restaurant and parking. Then spending a few hours eating and then getting back in the car and driving home.

I want to be able to drive my car, screw the food :)……. hence my navigation rally interest recently.

Anonymous

The wording is that it is the actual rally that is also full. I too am not a fan of the whole restaurant scene and had it been that the restaurant and hotel were fully booked that would not be the problem. It seems though that the actual rally venue is full and therefore turning up is a waste of time. I wonder how any other new mwmbers feel that the first time there is a major do with the club they are excluded.

Anonymous

I don’t know much about it but maybe the figures should be laid out on here.

How many places available at the venue?

How quickly did it sell out? If very quickly then was another venue looked at to increase the numbers.

Day attendance as an option.

If it is a Rally, are the numbers dependant on local authority restrictions on the public highway?

On another note – are there any plans for the NEC in November? I always need to plan ahead when travelling.

Ian

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

On another note – are there any plans for the NEC in November? I always need to plan ahead when travelling.

Ian

In March/April Floating Power it does say that there is a ‘volunteer’ to organise things at the NEC plus looks like Manchester Classic Car Show is booked for 17th & 18th September Ian.

Anonymous

The hotel has 45 bedrooms.

Anonymous

My point is I am not asking about hotels or meals just attending on the day events. I am not aware that there are any restrictions on numbers with the local authority. I understand that early booking for hotels etc is good but I never for one second thought it would be required to book just to attend. As I have said already what happens to any new members between now and then, being turned away from a major event is not a good start.

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

My point is I am not asking about hotels or meals just attending on the day events. .

I agree Baz, where is the number of hotel bedrooms relevant to the rally ‘field’.

Surely some thought must have been given to those that only want to attend on a day basis and not be involved in any group overnight stay.

Anonymous

I was actually meaning that it seems that there is no allowance for day visitors – the number of attendees was based on the hotel accommodation. Yes campsites were mentioned but no specific sites were mentioned. The campsites are not close to Peasmarsh and look to be only small. Yes there was mention of visitors for the barbeque evening on the Friday but nothing else. For a rally such as this i.e. the 40th Anniversary,not to have been thought about and planning started 3 or 4 years ago is ludicrous. What is interesting is that no Committee Members have pitched into this discussion.

Anonymous

I am surprised no one has picked up on this too. So is it the case that one hotel of 45 rooms is full and that means a maximum of 45 cars will attend out of a club membership of hundreds?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • The forum ‘Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.