TOC Events List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Baz said : I have been told by them that the forum is not the place to discuss this.

Definition of the word “forum”.

Meeting or medium for open discussion or debate

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

Baz said : I have been told by them that the forum is not the place to discuss this.

Definition of the word “forum”.

Meeting or medium for open discussion or debate

That is exactly why I use the forum. I have a feeling there may well be a culling of topics allowed on here. I have spoken today with someone and I am happy with many aspects of what they said and appreciate the hard work put in. I must say that just because many members for whatever reason do not use the internet it should not stop or hinder those that do.

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

That is exactly why I use the forum. I have a feeling there may well be a culling of topics allowed on here. I have spoken today with someone and I am happy with many aspects of what they said and appreciate the hard work put in. I must say that just because many members for whatever reason do not use the internet it should not stop or hinder those that do.

I agree that not having room for ‘Day Visitors’ at the rally is a mistake by whoever set the guidelines. Who that was I’m not privy to. I only volunteered as a moderator on site because of my previous experience creating and running support forums. I have already said the board administrators that I will not be party to ‘censorship’ during a previous conversation.

As for the forum itself, it’s already demonstrated that it’s the future for technical guidance on the TA as there is no way some of the superb threads on here could ever be done justice in the club’s magazine on the grounds of imagery alone.

There are also posts from members here and outside the UK who give quick and valuable input on problems that would take months to resolve via a bi monthly q&a in a magazine.

The world has moved on, people need to be aware and embrace it.

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

It makes you think, that if they learnt how to use the internet, then these organisational jobs might not need so much work and effort. Then they would have more time to join the discussions and get a feel for what everyone wants…..

Just saying 🙂

Anonymous

For those of you yet to receive your copy of May/June Floating Power, space has now been made available at the TOC annual rally 2016 for Day Visitors on Sunday 19th June (page 18 and 19 of Floating power has the details and booking form which has to be returned by 21st May.)

Unfortunately I have already made other plans for that particular weekend but hopefully others will take advantage of the additional places.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • The forum ‘Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.